Top 8 — February 8
Feb 8th, 2013 by Nicholas Pell in Music
Another week, another metric fuck ton of music that I listened to. Top 30 along with some observations under the cut.
- I wrote an article about Axl Rose this week, so it seemed as good a time as any to engage in one of my twice-annuals Guns N Roses binges. They never made a bad album with their original lineup and the rest of their stuff isn’t half bad, either.
- It’s kind of amazing to me how easy it is to listen to a Doom record and have them in your top whatever. I wonder how long it will be before they’re one of my top 30 all-time bands per Last.fm
- That Speedwolf record sounds even better on black-and-white vinyl, natch.
- For years I only listened to the Anti-Cimex EPs because someone told me that their full-lengths were “death metal.” Fucking hell, have I been missing out. Scandanavian Jawbreaker is a true unsung classic of rock and roll mayhem.
- I continue to be amazed by how well The Hellacopters have held up after all these years.
- If you don’t think that Motörhead sound just like Chuck Berry you fail at listening to music.
- What can be said about Eyehategod? What needs to be?
- Glad to see Entombed clinging to a spot in the top eight. I had overdosed on them a bit, but I gave them a listen driving back from Santa Monica to Hollywood last night and it was incredible.
- Skitsystem and Destroyer 666 are two bands that always seem to bubble a bit under the radar, never cracking the top eight.
- Euclid are some amazing proto-metal / hard psych from Massachusetts. You have no idea how real shit gets back in New England, but Euclid will give you an idea.
- I love that Last.fm autocorrects “Genocide SS” to Genocide Superstars.
Comments have been closed for this post.